Monday, October 29, 2012

The End Is The Beginning Is The End

I am nearing my tenth year in my current company. I've been here exactly eight years and four months. I was hired when I was 22. I'm not the type to take uhm, crap from anybody, so for me to stay this long means that I haven't been dished copious amounts of it for me to throw in the towel. I'm not saying my company is perfect. No workplace ever is, but I'm the type to always weigh the pros versus the cons. So long as the pros outweigh the cons, I stick it out.

Our company actually offers early retirement starting at five years. I could have retired three years ago during my fifth year. But I didn't. Well, I've waited this long. I might as well retire on my tenth anniversary, correct? I still do not know what I'll do once I retire from this job I've come to love so much. I still have no concrete idea of what career path I'll pursue. My options are wide open, I guess.

Do I go for a career in the academe? Do I invest in a business venture and try out being an entrepreneur? Do I take time off - go on a sabbatical, try to have another baby with The Husband? Do I switch professions, build a name for myself in a different industry altogether? Do I try to see what's in store for me and my family abroad?

So many options. That's a good thing, I know. I'll only be 32 when I retire. One thing's for sure, I've got to be prepared.

First thing's first. Where are my sunnies? The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Post Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment