Monday, January 7, 2013

Mobilize

I'm on my second work week for 2013. Things are still pretty relaxed, for now, but I'm sure they'll pick up pace soon enough. I'm pumped up to work, truth be told, having come from such a meaningfully packed holiday vacation. Not only was I able to spend quality time with my loved ones but I had more time to read, to reflect, to just be.

I got into a Flyfish raft mishap while on vacation in Boracay so my left wrist is in a splint. I became a bit melodramatic when I had to see my orthopedic doctors for my fracture. I went all woe-is-me weepy to The Husband and I was like, "I'm back to the doctors... So early into the new year." The Husband then gently consoled me, "Hey, it's going to be okay. You're going to get your splint, go to your physical therapy sessions and you'll be fine." Then he added with a mischievous grin, "We had fun, though, right? And that's what's important. Nothing's lost."

That shut my emo self up. It's true. In life, we get bruised and jarred along the way, but we push on. We keep on living. This 2013, that's exactly what I plan to do with gusto - to live fully, to choose happiness and to keep moving forward.


photo from weheartit.com

Post Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment