Sunday, January 13, 2013

DPE

I graduated from the University of the Philippines-Diliman in 2003. I studied BA Speech Communication. I had landed a great job - a job I keep up to this day. I was happy, but was I content? Well, three years after, I longed to be in a classroom setting once again. Because I was feeling antsy and I wanted to learn something new, I went back to school. I enrolled in my high school alma mater again. I went back to STC to get a Diploma in Professional Education (DPE). Yes, I wanted to be a teacher. I still do. I was working as a corporate trainer in a BPO. A career as a professional teacher in the academe sounded- still sounds - like a perfectly natural and perfectly wonderful route to follow.

I had to take 18 units of education subjects to get the diploma. I hear it's now 36. To qualify, you have to be a graduate of any four- or five-year college course. I took nine units in the second semester of 2007 and the next 9 units in the summer of 2008. I graduated from DPE after that. It felt great to graduate again!


my then-three-year-old


floral dress from her godmother, Snoopy sandals
#likeafashionblogger


stage


my mom and dad, and a snacking Kaelana


me, graduating


my class - that's me, third from the right, standing


Yay! We made it!


my family
This is for them!


my staunchest supporter, my greatest cheerleader
I couldn't have done it without him!

I am planning going to go back to school in June. I want to get a Diploma in Teaching Special Education (DTSpEd) so this post is brought you by Kiss Motivating Herself 101.

I can't wait!!!

What about you? What are you planning on achieving this year?

Post Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment