Monday, November 5, 2012

Just Trust

The Husband always tells me I'm a control freak - that I need things done my own way and at my own time. He also laments that a hissy fit is inevitable when things go awry. I'm a true blue Taurean, what can I say? I take life by the horns and am extremely bull-headed.

I turned thirty this year and one of the greatest things I've learned so far is to JUST.LET.GO.

I've always been responsible, and I've always played by the rules. I've always played fair, and I've always taken the high road. I've always been self-aware, and I've always made it a point to plan. Life just has a way of throwing us curve balls and it's easy to be disillusioned. Life springs little - sometimes big! - surprises here and there and it's convenient to protest, "Hey, I didn't sign up for this!"

I've learned that no plans are set in stone. I've learned that you have to make do with what you've got. I've learned that we REALLY do write our destinies.

I've learned that, what truly matters, is that you are actualizing a life you know you are proud of and blissful with.


photo from weheartit.com

Post Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment