Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Depth

I have always been drawn to people who were intelligent - not just in an academic sense, mind you. I have always been captivated by individuals who were multi-faceted (like cut diamond!) and not one-dimensional. I am beguiled by people whose interests are varied, who are gung-ho about living their lives to the fullest, people whose minds are as vast and open as the ocean.

The people I hang out with and I don't necessarily have to have the same interests. In fact, we don't even have to have much in common. That's the beauty of the relationships I cultivate. My friends and I are not clones of each other. After all, I like having friends, not replicas of my self.

My friends are passionate, humble and funny. They have razor sharp wit and an awesome sense of humor. They like to learn and laugh and love. They are compassionate and caring. They are down-to-earth and have no few hang-ups (don't we all have chips on our shoulders? At least, they're humble and self-aware enough to admit that they do! Ha.) Most importantly, my friends are real.

I am very honored and grateful to be their friend.

Real friendships should be nourished. Real friends should be treasured.

"Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart - one who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them.
- Marvin J. Ashton 

Post Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment