Monday, May 14, 2012

To Be 12 Again

Last Saturday, I attended my grade school reunion. I went to Saint Joseph's Academy in Mandaue City for elementary before I transferred to Saint Theresa's College for high school. I spent seven years there because I was there from Prep to sixth grade.

I reconnected with my grade school classmates - most of whom I haven't seen in over 15 years! We held it in the school function hall/auditorium. What made this reunion special was that our classmates from different parts of the world came to attend it. I don't know if our organizers purposely scheduled the reunion in May. You see, Mandaue City's fiesta falls on May 8th. My classmates from the US, Australia, Singapore and the UAE were able to file their leaves in advance and attend both the fiesta and the reunion. I hope that made their trips worth it.

The reunion was organized mostly on and through Facebook. We had very hardworking organizers. I'm glad everyone came together because of their diligence and perseverance. They were gung-ho for this event to happen and it did, because their dedication was unbelievable. My only contribution was helping them come up with a theme and ultimately, we decided that "Feeling 12 in 2012" was the right amount of silly, kitschy, cheeky and fun.

Not everyone attended, unfortunately, but we had two teachers present during the event and they said that they've attended other batches' reunions and ours had better turnout. There was a mini sports fest to kick things off to an exciting start, then a Holy Mass (it's a Catholic school, after all) officiated by one of our own who is now an ordained priest, then dinner with games and entertainment. We even had one of Cebu's awesome reggae bands, Burning Culture.

I wanted to dress up for the event because I didn't want to be too casual and dress like I was just going to buy yogurt from the supermarket. The organizers didn't prescribe a dress code and that honestly made things tricky for me. I didn't want to stick out like a sore thumb.

This isn't a fashion blog, but if you know me well enough, you'll know that I love clothes and that I get a fair share of compliments on my style sense. Here's a photo of what I ended up wearing and some photos I took during the reunion.


blue and white dress: H&M | black heels with brown
 ankle straps: Charles and Keith | Pearls: from Mom

(photo above posted with permission from: Jay-Ar Atentar)

The rest of the photos below are mine.


Grade Six Section C reprazent!


Everyone! :)

Needless to say, the evening was a blast and it was great to see everyone so grown up! 'Til the next reunion!





Post Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment