Tuesday, July 24, 2012

How Others Treat You Is Their Karma. How You React To It Is Yours.

So life decides to throw me another curve ball a couple of days ago. C'mon, you've read the Facebook rants and the sarcasm-laden tweets. As a result, I was irritable and whiny, and just over all unpleasant. I'm glad to still have friends who stick around albeit the grumpiness. Yesterday, I realized that what - or in this case, who - has been making me antsy was totally not worth it. (If you must know, the person did something that appalled me, and that was really the last straw. It shocked me to find out that this person was capable of doing that that I told myself I will just walk away) Right then and there, I've decided not to swim against the current anymore and just go where the tide takes me this time. I'll just let things be for now. I mean, where's the harm in that? After all, didn't I try to take the 'being-more-assertive' route? It clearly didn't work. After that, a feeling of gratitude just came over me. Why was I beating myself up, anyway? 

I guess I was self-righteous, and I felt entitled just because I worked so hard. I cannot control how others treat me. All I can do is to keep my reactions in check and my negativity at bay. I still have so much to be grateful for. I really have no cause for complaints, if you think about it. It's a good feeling.


photo from weheartit.com

Post Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment