Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Eight

I just marked my eighth - yes, eighth - year with my current company last Sunday. I was hired in 2004 as a communication trainer, and in 2007, I was promoted to the senior trainer position. I wish I could say that I'm happy with my job. I guess, for the most part, I am. That's the truth, although I'm more than happy. I'm content. 

I've always been the kind of person who doesn't really complain about something that provides for me. See, I don't bite the hand that feeds me. I'm very thankful that I have a job that I'm good at. It must be awful to do something you're not excellent at. And to do it day in and day out? What a front one must put up!

The company I work for now has given me so much. If it weren't for how much I make, we wouldn't be able to afford our house, our lifestyle, the little luxuries we enjoy as a family. I was able to help my sister through college. I also took advantage of our educational assistance program - a program that allows employees to go to school while the company pays for the tuition. That's how I was able to get my second degree - a degree in secondary education major in English. It's also great to share the workplace with The Husband. He works in the same company but we're assigned to different departments. We bump into each other in the hallways, sit in the same meetings and attend the same company functions and events.

I've always been passionate about training, about teaching, about communication. I'm thankful I'm able to do this everyday. I've been a trainer for a total of nine years now, and I don't really have plans of stopping anytime soon. Why should I? I like the fact that I get dressed up to go to work, that I work with an awesome team and that I am using my talents to help people become better at what they do.


my closest friends in Training


the Mean Team


the girls of Training


Yes, our team is always fashionable ;-p


Team Awesome

Here's to uhm, eight more years???!!! Cheers!







Post Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment