Thursday, May 2, 2013

Rollercoaster

I'm sorry for being MIA these past few weeks. Things have been pretty hectic lately, to say the least. For one, we found out we're expecting Baby Number Two. We couldn't be more excited. As of this writing, I am entering my second trimester. You see, I have three siblings who mean the world to me, and it just seems off to not give Kaelana at least one best friend who share her flesh and blood. In my 30 years of existence, I have never felt alone because I know I will always have my brothers and my sister. To be truthful and candid, I was more than happy to settle with just one child but it seems God has more adventures and love and blessings in store for us.

I grew up attending reunions for both of my parents' sides and it just seems happier and livelier with more members. We're stopping at two kids, though, because that's really all we could handle. Kaelana and this little one will have a seven-year age gap - just like me and my sister. Also, we were really toying with the idea of conceiving our last child before I turned 31. Now that idea is a reality and I'm due to give birth in November.

So how am I REALLY doing? Well, if my blog title is any indication, I've had my ups and downs. My pregnancy's first trimester was plagued with really bad episodes of nausea, gastritis and even cardiac arrhythmia. My cardiologist had me go through tests, and everything came out okay, but my heart rate is slower and my blood pressure is lower than usual. I've been religiously taking my prenatal vitamins, drinking my milk, trying to get a lot of sleep and watching what I eat. My family, most especially The Husband, has been really supportive and every day, I pray for a safe, healthy and easy pregnancy and delivery.

The next few months will be awesome. I can feel it. There's nowhere to look but up.


Post Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment