Monday, December 10, 2012

Heart

I've always been very vocal about what a big Manny Pacquiao fan I am. I am not here to dissect the fight he lost to Mexico's Juan Manuel Marquez. All I'm going to say about the match was that it was good and it was clean, and both boxers fought with integrity.

My dad is a boxing aficionado. Boxing's the only sport he watches. We are a family who roots for Pacquiao.   His loss yesterday felt so tragic that I wanted to cry.

This is all I have to say:

You are a champion and will always be one. In this day and age when people get to where they are by sucking up, by putting forth mediocre wok, by taking short cuts and by being ungrateful to the people who helped them in the first place, you simply did it by showing sheer perseverance, hard work and heart.

I am proud. I will always be!


photo from weheartit.com

Post Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment